Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ladybug love


When I was a little girl I *KNEW* that I was going to be in Delta Xi Omega. My bathroom was decked out in red and black with ladybugs everywhere. I would go to school after jamboree and tell my friends how I couldn't wait for college because I was going to be in a "sorority" (haha) called Delta. I would tell them aaaallllll about it. I was a delta girl....yeah...I was cool.

A few years came and went. It was time for me to make that big decision...... Delta OR Phi Lambda. Yikes. I went back and forth, but at that point in my life, I NEEDED phi lambda. They were the pair of shoes that fit me right. The girls were chill, diverse, and I just felt like they were right for me. At the time, they were. Times change though, and so do social clubs. I grew out of my yellow and blue shoes. I kept trying to shove my foot in them, and they were uncomfortable and OuT oF fAsHiOn.... Needless to say after a few years of wanting a new pair of shoes I fought the urge. I thought, "nah, these are fine". Now I am finally breaking down. I GOT SOME NEW RED AND BLACK SHOES.

The girls that now make up Delta Xi Omega are some of my favorite lovers. They have made me feel welcome, loved, accepted, and given me that sense of sisterhood that I have been yearning for. I jumped. So now I got ladybug love, it's official.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Ahhh I am SOOOOO excited =D
I lovvvvve you!

Leigh said...

Red and Black is a good color for you girl! :) Love you and maybe I will see you at the house soon?? :)

Anonymous said...

Cinderella was right huh? One pair of shoes can change your life...... I know. I know. Supa Cheesy Ash! Love you Brookers!!!