I know all you weirdies are in love with Edward or Jacob or whoever those crazy blood sucking beings are ... but let me suggest something else. While you were all obsessing over people who are fictional ... I went to see "The Blind Side".
Starring Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. If that isn't good enough it spotlights every SEC coach and Nick Saban is recruiting for LSU .... which makes me laugh. The only time you will ever see Saban so much as crack a smile is in this flick.
This movie hit home for me. It was touching. You all know the basic story line, but for those of you who have attended a private Christian school that has a football program (cough cough) ... you know some of the challenges that can come with that.
This movie challenged me to view every athlete that I will ever come in contact with in a new light. I know it is crazy to believe that they will all be upstanding individuals that will be thankful and go on to do great things in life. It is not crazy to believe that they all deserve a fair chance at an education and to be exposed to Jesus.
I heard of a Christian school one time where the divide among the student body and athletes was so strong that there were groups created to completely do away with an entire program. What some don't realize is that some of the young men that step foot on campus come from the same situation as "Big Mike" in this movie. They come from broken homes with no father. They come from mothers who have drug additcions. They come from the projects. Some don't. All they want to do is play football, the one thing that has always been there for them.
My point is this ... this is the perfect opportunity to show Jesus to individuals who have never known Him. Maybe we should take a step back and think about the ministry opportunity we have right in front of our faces. Maybe we should realize that not everyone comes from same life situation and all they need is some love.
I know this post has been all over the place. I am off my soap box now. It's just something to consider. I highly recommend this movie. If you can get past Sandra Bullock's horrific country accent in the very beginning you will love it.
Stay beautiful bloggers.
Monday, November 23, 2009
something other than New Moon. For the love.
Posted by
Anonymous
at
6:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I did go see New Moon...and loved it, though I'm not in love with Edward or Jacob...but I CAN NOT wait to see this movie! I've been begging Mark to take me as soon as it came out! We didn't get to go last weekend, but hopefully, this weekend, it will be our date movie! Thanks for sharing your awesome wisdom! Great thoughts!!! Love you!
Yep, went to see New Moon.. I was in denial too until a friend put the books in my hands and said, "just read them".. There is a lot of good to glean them.. A lot about sacrificing what you want for someone that you love.. A lot about standing for what's right when everything within you tells you you want something else.. A lot about being honorable and true.. Not at all what I was expecting.. You should read them.. You would love them.
K, now on to your movie... I don't know if I can get past Sandra Bullock with blond hair. It just doesn't seem right.. But, I will go see it since you recommend it ;).
Oh and thanks for the follow, I had no idea you had a blog.
love you
Post a Comment