Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I wanna know what love is....

I want you to show me. So, since it is Valentines Day and all (bleh) I got to thinking about love today. I got to thinking about those in my life that are my examples for true, lasting love.

Naturally I think about my grandparents who, after over 50 years of marriage, are still madly in love. My grandmother kisses my grandfather on the mouth and sits in his lap as if they were still in high school. They are the best of friends. They do everything together, yet still have their own hobbies and interests. They continue to amaze me and remind me that if I wait, I too can have something special like they do. They inspire me.

I think about the blogs I read. The blogging community is so different bc you feel like you know someone, even if you have never met them. I love reading about women who adore their husbands. Women who blog shamelessly about the man they love so dearly and it warms my heart to know that in all the craziness of the world (divorces, infidelity, unhappy marriages and etc) there are still women, young and old, who are devoted to the man they vowed to spend their lives with. Can you say run on sentence?

I also think about Jesus. I think about being HIS bride. And more than anything I am reminded about love. About selflessness and sacrifice. I am comforted by knowing HIM and falling in love with HIM. HE accepts me how I am and loves me without reservation. Enough to die for me. What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man. Say it again?!?!? (sorry .... I couldn't resist).

The one thing I know is that in all of these one thing is evident. Love takes forgiveness and it takes selflessness. I am not married so I am not pretending to know much, but I have learned from the best.

1 comments:

Louise said...

I love the what a man, what a man!!!! :) Cracks me up!!
But, I hope I'm not the first one to tell you that even when you get married, you still won't know everything about love and staying married! It's crazy but you live and learn!!! But you are great! You do great now and you will continue to!!! :) And I love run on sentences because I finish most of my sentences with a preposition....and supposedly you aren't supposed to do that!! :)