I think for women this is something we all battle. Even as a young girl I found it tough to love myself. I was too chubby. I was the only girl with tata's in the 5th grade. My skin was ugly. I awlays compared myself to the other girls in my class. "You are not good enough and never will be" are the thoughts that I often had.
As the years went by this never changed. Partly due to the fact that my mother is one of "those" mothers. You know the put on some lipstick you look pale, highlight your hair, what are you wearing, go to the gym and tanning bed types. Not to say my mother isn't a good one, but this mindset has stayed with me through my entire life.
Now, as a young woman I continue to struggle with loving myself. Of course, as we all know, this is also connected to the media and how our society portrays women now. However, I am of the opinion that this has long been an issue for ALL women. I know that I am never going to look like a Kardashian, in fact, I don't really want to.
I, on the other hand, am trying to break this oh so unhealthy cycle. I eat healthy(most of the time), exercise regularly, take care of my body and mind. I am learning to love myself. I am TRYING to find things I like about myself and pat myself on the back when I can :)

5 comments:
Well I have always thought you were and are beautiful! I'll never understand that mindset you have but I for one think you are absolutely gorgeous inside and out! Kepp your chin up Brooke Bailey! I know ALOT of girls that would kill to look like you...or even favor you :)
thanks Leigh. You are too sweet.
Just honest :) Have felt that way since before we were friends! :)
I think you are beautiful too! KEEP LOVING YOURSELF!!! :)
What up guh!!? Just so you know.....I'll give you a good pat on your back anytime you need it. NEXT WEEKEND!!! Yay!
Post a Comment