Believe it or not, when I was young, I was brutally shy. I know this comes as a shock to those of you who know me. But it's the truef.
Lately, for some reason I find myself turning back into that little girl. I used to not meet a stranger. Now, when there is a group of people I don't know well, I get nervous. I get nervous about joining a small group at church or having dinner with a group of people/a person I don't know well. I can play it off well that I am not uncomfortable, but on the inside I am cringing.
Where did this come from? Why are my comfort zones shrinking when they should be growing? Has this ever happened to you? I am hoping that this is just a phase. I really enjoy meeting new people and I feel like I am limiting myself.
I know that this is fear holding me back and making my story boring. This is one of the stinky parts about being single. You don't have someone to experience those awkward situations with. It's just me... going through all the uncomfortable zones alone. Which is ok. But I sure hope my comfort zone expands again soon, because this is killin' me.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
comfort zones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Brooke! Your comments are back up and running! :)
And... I'm with you. I think college spoils us by letting us get comfortable being around people we know and love. The real world is a little trickier. Here's to an expanding comfort zone!
Post a Comment