"Joy must be discovered in the going, as we never really arrive, not even in a lifetime"
Unknown
I am sure you have heard of those people who spend their entire life waiting for everything to fall together perfectly. You know the kind. "When I graduate college and get a job, I will be happy" or "When I get married, I'll be happy then"and "When we have a baby, I KNOW I will be happy". I believe we are all guilty to some degree of this mindset. I know I am.
Here is what I am beginning to learn. Life is never going to be picture perfect. The job gets old. The marriage gets rocky. The baby cries through endless nights. So here's the deal - find the joy in each stage. Find the positives in being a single young professional. Learn and grow from the valleys and mountain tops of marriage. Remember when the baby is crawling around destroying your house, that one day you will wish that they were little again. The joy is found in the journey, not the destination. I get way too caught up in the destination sometimes and totally miss out on enjoying the journey.
My goal is to start soaking up the moments. The little moments and the big moments. The moments that I dread and the moments I dream about. I am going to enjoy this ride, I challenge you to do the same.
2 comments:
I have the same goal. I don't want to sit around waiting for the next big thing... Life's too short! Thanks for this reminder.
i love this! I think way more people should focus on the here and now and being happy :-)
Post a Comment