Monday, April 12, 2010

stepping on toes

Have you ever gotten your toes stepped on? Maybe it was by your preacher(like me), friend, family member, co-worker or even a random person. I wonder why it is that God knows when to step on our toes when we need it most.

Sunday at church our preacher spoke about friendship. I struggle with tunnel vision. Maybe I am the only one, but even so, I admit to it. Sometimes I get so caught up in the every day occurences in my life, I forget to be the friend I should be.

We studied Ecclesiastes 4. My toes were sore by the end of the lesson.

Eccl 4:9-12
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:

If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

It is my prayer that I am a friend of Ecclesiastes 4. I sure am thankful for the friends who have helped me up, kept me warm and helped me defend myself.

0 comments: