Thursday, June 24, 2010

all the single ladies

I'm behind the bride tossing the bouquet at every wedding. I am not ashamed to be the third wheel. I have no problem vegging out on my couch watching chick flicks alone on Friday night. I would like to think that I embrace the joy of having no commitment. I don't have a dog to let out. I don't have a husband to cook for. I don't have a child to pick up. I have me. That.is.it.

It really is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I think to myself "self, take this all in because one day you are going to wish you had it". I smile. I soak it all up. There is something about being single that most girls cannot appreciate. That is independence. Freedom and the oppurtunity do whatever you want.

I have found here recently that dating is a tricky thing. I have never been really good at it. One thing I have found is this: dating in college and dating as a "young professional" are two different ball games. In college you go to a movie with a group of friends, you flirt at a social gathering, you eat at a table together during lunch and things somehow fall into place. How do you meet someone as a "young professional"? A few options: a bar, church, through a friend, the internet or work. There ya go. I said it. Boom.

So prepare yourself for the posts to come. Because I am now dating. So who knows what in the world is going to happen. Wish me luck it is "exclusive".

4 comments:

Dana said...

I have to admit that though I love being a money, I am starved for moments when I can think without someone pulling on my skirt tail. I know that one day you will make a wonderful wife and then wonderful mother. But, that's because you're just wonderful. So, I think it goes to say that you're a wonderful single girl as well! I'm proud of you for embracing each phase. To many people waste there life away waiting for the next stage.

Anonymous said...

my beautiful brookers....nicely done. :-) Can't wait to read more.

Louise said...

How exciting!!! There are so many pros and cons to being single and attached!!! :) I'm glad you are enjoying it!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the kind words, y'all are wonderful.