I've never been good with lying... I get tickled and can't keep a straight face. There is a distinct face that I make when trying to lie.... anyone who is close to me can recognize it immediately. This face ruins any joke that I try to play on people I love. So, I came up with a joke that involves being able to use this to my advantage. Here's the story.........
Taylor and I have been dating about six months. Although we are not close to being engaged at the moment, it would not surprise my friends if we were. Anyone who knows Taylor knows that he would be the ONE GUY that would propose on April Fool's Day and think it was the funniest thing ever.... well no worries, he didn't(even though he got down on one knee and then when I started having a panic attack said his leg was itching).
But I came up with the idea to have an April Fool's Candle lighting since they have been so popular this year at Faulkner. SOOO I get Mama Stauch involved and she sent a campus wide e-mail and Faulkner came through with word of mouth as usual. I debated not telling Meme(g-ma) but it was her b-day and she would cry if I got her hopes up that I was getting married. I decided to tell her, which was a good choice.
I get home at about 9:00. Taylor and I walk into my apartment to find my roommates having a serious meeting. He carries my groceries in and proceeds to lay the biggest kiss on me and say "I love you..see you later" This raises their suspicions. Their eyes are burning a hole through me. I carry on, doing my own thing. Next thing I know, I'm cornered. "We know it's you" and "if you don't tell us we WON"T come to your wedding". They were falling for it and falling hard. Kristi is red in the face and Jessica has her arms crossed giving me the evil eye......I carry on with the "face" mentioned previously that causes them to think I'm lying ..... which I am, just not about what they think it is.
So the time comes for all the girls to meet in the lobby....as tradition goes the (fake) ring goes around and everyone ooohhhs and aaahhhhsss and makes their guess about who it is. Mind you, this is the biggest candle lighting ever to be held in the history of Faulkner. It comes around the circle for the second time...gets to me, I got to hand it to Kristi, pull it back and blow it out. Everyone begins hooting and hollering. Meanwhile, Kristi has stepped back, chin on the ground ...Jessica is still giving me the worst look in America with the crossed arms.... They are still believing it.
Overwhelmed by the reaction of the girls and scared that Kristi was going to storm out and never speak to me again, I opted to not go on with a story, I yell APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!! Some girls thought it was funny and some ..... not so much. Oh well, I had fun, got to have a candle lighting,
AND finally got my friends with a good joke. Mama Stauch captured the moment perfectly, so I will get her to e-mail me the picture and post it so you can get a good laugh....
As for anyone who ever decides to get engaged.....don't have a candle lighting on April 1st .... nobody will show up =)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Best April Fool's Day EVER
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
This is HILARIOUS!!! I love it!!
Kristi told me about this today! HILARIOUS!!
YOU SO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO FUNNY!
Oh my word! That is the funniest thing EVER.
Best April Fool's Day prank I've ever heard. Seriously. I'm so proud.
That is the best!! I hate I had to miss it!! Love you and glad that I knew about it!!! =)
Post a Comment