Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The hippies next door

My new neighbors are hippies. Sometimes when I leave for work in the morning I smell pot. When I leave all of their cars are there. When I arrive home after work they are parked in the same spot. They have a ying-yang flag hanging on their glassed in back porch... They listen to music late at night. Last week was Elvis' greatest hits. I'm not sure what in the world they are listening to right now. I've never seen them....but I know one of them has dread locks. I love dread locks. I am intrigued by them. Sometimes I think about knocking on the door and seeing if I can hang out. You see, deep down inside I wish I was a hippie. I would love to buy a van and paint it with peace signs and such. I would love to wear a cool head band. I would love to tie die. I would make signs and protest about things I disagree with. I would walk around bare foot and wear long peasant skirts. I would content with very little. But the truth is .... don't tell anyone ..... I'm too scared. When it comes down to it I prefer a shower and j.crew. But being a hippie is always in the back of my mind. Maybe I'll just pretend a make friends with the neighbors. Peace, love and happiness.

1 comments:

Leah said...

Girl, you're a mess! Try not to breath too much pot!! :)