Sunday, May 10, 2009

When it's all said and done

Well, I graduated. I finished another chapter in the story of my life. To be completely honest with you I feel more relieved than ever before. Although I know I would like to pursue my masters, for now I have nothing lingering over my head besides finding a job and decorating my new place(blog to come about that). After going to junior college for a year and then Faulkner for three I am done. I did not walk away empty handed though. When it's all said and done, the final outcome was all I had dreamed of and more.

I spent my first year of college at home. After surviving a challenging season in my life I decided it would be best to stay in Panama City instead of moving away. I loved my year there, but knew that I wasn't where I was supposed to be. I got to spend a lot of time with my beloved friend Ashley before she moved away to UF and went on to meet the Lord the following year. That was well worth being home for a year. I was accepted into the Dental Hygiene school, which is an honor, but I rejected the offer and decided to follow where I was being led....Montgomery, Alabama. I know, I know .... why leave the beach for MONTGOMERY?!?!?! I just HAD to. So I did.

I went to college bound, got my schedule set, my meal plan, and decked out my old-nasty-2x2-dorm room with more pink and green than you have ever seen, and the monograms to boot. Yeah, you know me. I loved that room. I made many dear memories in that room. It might have been small but that didn't stop the dance parties. I met my roommate. Little did I know at the time, but she would become my sister. I ate in the cafe, went to the mixers, had crushes on the predictable boys, went to Tuesday night devo. I met Kristi. We became soul mates. I met Taylor .....we were just friends.

The years that followed helped me to grow. I found out that I was stronger than I thought I was. I made mistakes, a lot of them. I drew near to God. I built life-long relationships. I ended others. I wouldn't change a thing though.

My time spent at Faulkner has blessed my life. I leave with many fond memories and a few bad ones. Overall I am so thankful that God led me there and brought certain people into my life that would forever change it. The professors that challenged me because they cared, the faculty and staff that became family, the cafe women, the roommates, the friends, the grandma, the sisters, and most of all the love of my life.

Here are some pictures of the years past and GRADUATION. Thanks to all of you who have loved and supported me through the years. Thanks Leigh, Nathan, and Taylor for helping me move. Thanks Leigh for being a friend. Thanks Taylor for putting up with me I love you!













2 comments:

Leah said...

Walk an awesome walk down memory lane! So proud of you!

Leigh said...

Brookers you are precious! I just had my 1st chance to read this! I love it! So glad you had so much fun....but now Welcome to grown up world! I wont lie its alot of fun most of the time... :) Love you so much!