Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Farewell Bobby


Dear Bobby,

Today is a sad, sad day. Growing up as a seminole fan, I loved you from day one. You coached Florida State football before I was ever thought about. You led the noles to BCS National Championship Title in 93 & 99 and many ACC championships. You are the second all time winningest coach in total victories. You are one of the few active coaches to be inducted into the college football hall of fame. You are a legend.


When I was learning how to write letters in elementary school we had to practice by writing to someone famous. Most of the little girls in my class wrote to Leonardo DiCaprio, N'Sync and BSB. Not me. I wrote to you. You responded with a picture of you on the sideline in your FSU golfer looking hat that said " To Brooke, Scalp Em'! -Bobby". The other girls didn't get anything. Thanks for that.


After 34 years it is time for you to go. I don't want you to, but 80 years old and still on the sideline is pushin' it. Despite the controversy, you will always be loved by Seminole Nation.


Scalp em'!

Brooke




1 comments:

Leah said...

How sweet!! And how very cool he sent you a picture!! But, ROLL TIDE!!