I remember high school graduation like it was yesterday. The mixed emotions, the cap and gown, the parties, the songs that were sung, the church banquet, the gifts....... what I remember most is the feeling that I was ready to conquer the world.
I can vividly remember the day of graduation riding around in my little white celica with the windows down, jamming out and feeling like I had arrived. I remember thinking that I would never forget that moment or that day for the rest of my life, and I haven't.
Every year when May rolls around I think about the students who are beginning a new chapter in their lives. I know for me, I felt like I was grown. Looking back, it is easy to realize that I was still a kid with no clue what was in store for me. In my head I imagined I would go to college, get a degree, marry a "Faulkner boy" and start a family. Boy, did God have different plans for me or what?!?!
Somewhere between high school and college you grow up. Along the way I became a young woman. I now know that the 18 year old in the celica was just a young girl who had not been tainted by the world yet.
I tell myself every May that there is some girl riding around with the windows down and dreaming big ..... ready to conquer the world, because I think the world could use a few more people like that.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
grad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Don't you want to go back and relive those moments? I say we take a day, drive with the windows rolled down, music blaring, sing at the top of our lungs, and remember just how much life there's still left to live. We're not old yet! :)
Post a Comment