I'm a huge fan of weddings. Father of the Bride being my favorite movie is probably a dead give away. I love any movie about weddings. As a matter of fact, I love weddings. Especially my friend's weddings. I believe that weddings are a couple's first statement to the world of "who they are". The wedding itself shows their taste, personalities and interests. At the age of 23 I will be in my seventh wedding.
Being a bridesmaid is such a compliment. There is nothing that shows a girl how special her friendship is more than asking her to stand by your side on one of the biggest days of your life. I take it seriously and I feel like I have got it down to an art. Now, let me be honest: are some bride's weddings more exciting? YES! Are there some that I look forward to more than others? ABSOLUTELY. But I love each and every friend in a different way and want nothing more than to see her walking down the aisle glowing (hopefully) to the man of her dreams.
Some people ask me if it gets old. You know, always the bridesmaid and never the bride. Here's a little secret. It never gets old. The beauty of it is that when my time comes I will have a slew of girls who are going to do for me what I did for them. What a blessing that will be.
So, when I ran across this today I thought I would share. Being a dedicated fan of Southern Weddings Magazine, they oculd not have hit the nail on the head any harder. Bridesmaid to bridesmaid..... take note. Be a sweet southern bridesmaid y'all.

1 comments:
Such a refreshing perspective! I know that your friends are so grateful for a girl like you to stand next to them on their "big day."
Post a Comment