[found here]I remember in highschool Valentine's day was a HUGE deal. Between classes girls would eagerly wait for their name to come over the intercome, that meant she was getting flowers. Then she would lug them around school for the rest of the day, so just in case you were wondering, you could rest assured SHE had a valentine(even if the flowers were symathy flowers from her parents). The day after V-day every girl would compare stories of what her bf did to make the day special. You better believe if she wasn't lugging flowers around the halls of Mosley High .... the relationship was doomed for failure. Thankfully my highschool sweetie played basketball, so we weren't limited to the rules of Valentine's day because of the season.
I laugh now thinking about how extremely silly it was. Don't get me wrong, I love celebrating anything that has decorations that consist of pink, hearts, cupcakes, flowers and chocolate as much as the next chick, but I really think love is much more than the 14th day of the most miserable month on the calendar. Maybe that's why we celebrate it .... because there is nothing else to do in the dreary, blistery cold, miserable month of February except celebrate loverrrrs.
To me love is much more than 12 long stem red roses and a box of chocolates. Honestly, I don't even really like roses :/ Although it's great to set aside a day to let your lover know how awesome they are, I think we should be doing that everyday and maybe just celebrate it once a year. For all you V-day fanatics out there, I hope this doesn't offend. I would much rather rent a movie and eat take out. That's just me though. As long as I have my man with me I'm happy as a lark. Plus, I still have fresh flowers (from Publix) in my living room from the "end of hunting season" celebration. :)
What are you and your love doing Monday? What is your take on Valentine's day?
xoxo,
gossip girl
(I couldn't resist)
2 comments:
i think hunner is cooking. we are staying in. and probably going to bed early. ha ha. he proposed on feb. 17....so that day is more celebrated by the happily-ever-after johnsons
i thought being married would miraculously cure me of the "i hate valentine's day" syndrome (which i refuse to believe comes from leftover high school bitterness... i just don't really care for the holiday), but i still kind of hate it. too much pressure, and our valentine's dates always wind up kind of lame.
side note: when we were dating, jordan gave me a bouquet of daisies the day after valentine's day... because i had told him love should be represented on more than that one measly day in february. he was a keeper. :)
Post a Comment